The Key Stage 4 curriculum is designed to provide students with both challenge and breadth, as well as opportunities for all students to succeed regardless of their starting points.
In addition to the core subjects of English, Maths and Science, as well as their current language option, students may opt for:
- At least one of either Geography or History
- Two additional courses from the following list:
- GCSE Art and Design
- GCSE Computer Science or BTEC DIT
- GCSE Design and Technology
- GCSE Food Technology
- GCSE Geography or History (where they wish to take both subjects)
- GCSE Music
- GCSE PE or Cambridge National Sports Science
- Performing Arts Tech Award
- GCSE Photography
Key dates for the 2022-23 options are as follows:
- 9th February 2023 Year 9 Student Progress Evening
- 21st February 2023 Year 9 Options Evening
- 1st March 2023 Deadline for submitting options
As part of the careers information, advice and guidance process for year 9 students will be guided to ensure they consider the right choice based on their aspirations for the future.
Mr Burchett is responsible for the options process, so any queries should be directed to him.